Public Relations are defined as the set of strategic communication actions coordinated and sustained over time, whose main objective is to strengthen links with different audiences, listening to them, informing them and persuading them to achieve consensus, loyalty and support from them. in present and / or future actions.
Companies usually hire the services of Public Relations agencies with the aim of achieving greater market coverage . As we know, the objectives of Marketing must be based on programmed and consistent actions to persuade and motivate our target market to acquire our products and / or services. Thus, the Public Relations work must be carried out in a disciplined and imaginative manner, with concrete goals that improve the level of understanding with the market, in the medium and long term.
In a general line, we can say that the objectives that can be pursued or will be achieved thanks to a good Public Relations strategy are:
- Consolidation and projection of the organization's image
- Generate public opinion
- Two-way communication with the sectors involved
- Institutional advertising of the company
- Strengthening of the human factor
- Serve as support to the commercialization area
- Realization of campaigns aimed at promoting and making known certain aspects of the company
- Press level dissemination
- Ceremonial and protocol
- Attract good staff and reduce the risk of workers
- Prevent conflicts and misinterpretations
- Promotion of mutual respect and social responsibility
On the other hand, Public Relations cover a wide range of activities that we can classify in:
- Analysis of the organizational image in the media
- Corporate image campaigns
- Communication and promotion
- Communication management strategies and programs in crisis situations
- Training in relations with the media
- Opinion and market research
- Organization of events: congresses, press conferences, etc.
- Comprehensive internal communication programs
- Comprehensive public relations, corporate and organizational communication programs
- Production of internal and external communication pieces, employee magazines, annual reports, corporate brochures, etc.
- Relationships with the community
- Relations with the media
- Information services (synthesis and analysis)